Deciding on your solar and battery needs
Depending on the stage you are at in your decision making, there are many points you should or have considered and weighed up. The whole process can seem quite complicated and costly.
- Cost – consider your available budget and whether you will need to finance the purchase or find an option with no upfront payments. Can you only afford solar panels or you looking for a solar and battery system? Will adding solar add to the value of your home?
- Return on investment – what savings are you expecting to see? Is your current electricity bill high due to your energy usage? Can you calculate how long the payback period would be?
- House structure – consider your roof and whether there is space for panels, shading or whether it is strong enough. Is there room to install a battery (some batteries need to be housed indoors)
- System – did you want to start with solar and if so, what are the best and safest panels on the market? Why are some cheaper than others? If choosing a battery, what are the best performing ones and is a battery with 10-year performance warranty worth paying more for?
- Installers – there are so many in the market and it’s important to choose a CEC accredited one. How can you tell if the systems they are selling are right for you? The whole process can seem quite complicated and costly.
How does solar work?
Adding solar panels to your home can result in savings on your power bills. You will begin using power from your solar panels during the day, rather than from the electricity grid and should see a reduction in your electricity bill overall. Adding solar panels can also increase the value of your property.
Our solar panel options.
Nectr has chosen a range of leading solar panels based on safety, performance and warranties. Our panel of CEC accredited installers will undertake a site inspection of your roof and will recommend the most suitable option. Nectr’s Energy Consultants will then coordinate the installation for you and keep you updated on timelines.
Adding a battery.
If you already have solar panels installed or are looking at our solar + battery bundle, Nectr has secured a range of Tier 1 batteries. Our Energy Consultants will help you choose the right battery based on your premises and budget and coordinate the best installer from our panel of CEC accredited installers.
All in one solution with hybrid inverter.
All in one solution with hybrid inverter and additional capacity.
LG RESU10 + Sungrow Inverter
Powerful solar battery from global leader bundled with Sungrow Inverter.
*Battery included in Nectr Home Solar and Battery bundle
SENEC.Home V3 Hybrid
Innovative, high capacity solar battery with built in inverter.