Hanwha Energy Retail Australia Pty Ltd trading as Nectr (ABN 82 630 397 214), Level 25, Northpoint Tower, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.
12.01am (AEST) on 03/09/2021 to 11.59pm (AEST) on 05/10/2021.
Who can enter?
Only New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (Qld) and South Australia (SA) residents who are:
- aged 18 or over;
- and remain for the duration of the Competition Period and until the date of the prize draw, a Nectr customer in a Participating Distribution Network;
- who has not signed up to any Nectr Home + Solar Bundle or Nectr Battery Product prior to and during the Competition Period; and
- are invited by the Promoter to enter.
Subject to the above, customers from the following energy distribution networks are eligible to enter:
- the Ausgrid network area,
- the Endeavour Energy network area; and
- the Essential Energy network area
- the Energex network area
- the SA Power Networks
(each, a Participating Network and together, the Territory Network Area).
Who can’t enter?
Directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of:
- the Promoter; and
- the agencies, companies, sales partners or participating premises associated with this competition or the Promoter.
You must, during the Competition Period after receiving your unique refer a friend link from the Promoter, share your unique link with your family or friend/s (who must be aged 18 or over) within the Territory Network Area.
You will receive one entry into the competition for each valid person who uses your unique link to sign up to Nectr during the Competition Period.
To receive an entry, your family or friend/s must never before have held an energy account with Nectr. You must only share your unique link with friends who are aged 18 or over and who have given their implied or express consent to receive the referral invitation from you. You must not email or text anyone about this competition unless they have given their implied or express consent to receive the email or text from you. You must not publish or advertise your referral link, or share it with anyone except as expressly permitted by this clause.
Referrals not made directly through a unique link cannot be claimed retrospectively and therefore you will not receive an entry into this competition. Referrals via third party websites are not eligible for a reward.
If Nectr has any reason to believe that your referral link is compromised, Nectr may invalidate your referral link and may elect to issue you with a new one.
For the avoidance of doubt, if you have more than one property or are moving from one residence to another, you cannot refer yourself. Your family/friend/s may only accept one referral under this promotion. If your family or friend/s receive multiple unique links, only the person associated with the unique link will be eligible for entry into this competition.
For the avoidance of doubt, your invited friend/s will not receive an entry into the competition or be invited to enter the competition.
Any referrals as part of this competition, may also be subject to the terms and conditions and any associated rewards which apply to the “Nectr Refer a Friend Program”, available at https://nectr.com.au/refer-a-friend-terms-and-conditions/
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
There will be 4 winners determined in respect of this competition.
There will be 1 draw conducted.
The draw will be held at 2.30pm (AEDT) on 30/11/2021 at the Promoter’s office, Level 25, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.
The first 4 valid entries drawn randomly from the entries received during the Competition Period will win a prize.
The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in the draw and record them in order, in case a winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid or a prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
What can I win?
There are 4 prizes available.
Each prize is a $250 Woolworths gift card.
For the avoidance of doubt, to receive a prize you must remain a Nectr customer up until the date of the draw, as stated in the “how many winners and how will they be chosen” section above. If you do not remain a Nectr customer up until the draw, you will not be eligible to receive a prize.
Total prize pool
The total prize pool is $1,000.
How many times can I enter?
You can receive multiple entries and each entry will be based on a separate friend who has signed up with Nectr using your unique referral link, have had their energy account transferred to Nectr and received their first Nectr energy bill. Please refer to the Refer a Friend program terms and conditions.
How and when will the winners be informed?
Winners will be notified by phone and in writing within two business days of determination and will also have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 02/12/2021.
Prize claim date: 5pm (AEDT) on 03/03/2022.
Unclaimed prize determination: 10am (AEDT) on 04/03/2022 at the same location as the original draw.
If a prize has not been accepted or claimed by the prize claim date above or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can’t contact a winner (or a winner does not contact the Promoter) by the prize claim date above, the relevant entry/ies will be discarded and the Promoter will re-award the relevant prize/s to Reserve Entrant/s and/or carry out an unclaimed prize draw at the date, time and place stated above to randomly distribute the prize/s.
Any winner/s will be informed by phone and in writing within two days of determination and will also have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 04/03/2022.
If any prize remains un-won at the end of this competition or if a prize winner cannot be found, that information will be published on the Website on 07/03/2022.
Collection and use of your personal information
If you are a winner, you must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You consent to the Promoter using your name and image in any promotional or advertising activity.
The Promoter may collect your personal information directly or through its agents or contractors. The Promoter will use your personal information to conduct and manage the competition. The Promoter may disclose your personal information to its related companies, agents and contractors to assist in conducting this competition, communicating with you or storing data. This may include disclosures to organisations outside Australia including in places such as United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, South Korea, Hong Kong and the Philippines.
By entering, you consent to the Promoter keeping your personal information on its database to use for future marketing purposes, including contacting you by electronic messaging. By entering, you consent to receive email or SMS messages from the Promoter without any functional unsubscribe facility. You may opt out of marketing communications upon signing up to a new account at any time thereafter by contacting the Promoter.
The Promoter’s Privacy & Credit Reporting Policy (see nectr.com.au/privacy-policy) includes information about:
- how the Nectr Group seeks to manage your personal and credit related information;
- how the Nectr Group collects, uses, stores and discloses personal and credit related information;
- how to seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you and seek correction of the information; and
- how to complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By sharing your unique link, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Your entry must be received during the Competition Period and will be deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter. If you cancel your Nectr account your entry will be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you enter using automatically generated entries or multiple phone numbers/email addresses/addresses/aliases, you may be disqualified.
- Prizes and all elements of prizes must be taken as and when offered or will be forfeited, and if forfeited, the Promoter will not be liable. Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions imposed by the relevant supplier or the Promoter, including validity periods.
- Redemption and use of the Woolworths gift cards is subject to the terms and conditions located at https://giftcards.woolworths.com.au/about/terms-and-conditions.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share a prize.
- If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, including if the Promoter considers you to have a bad credit history or be a credit risk, due to breaching or having at any time breached credit arrangements with the Promoter, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider your point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. In all other respects, the Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
- If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, government directives, pandemic, public health orders and the like, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury (including allergies, skin conditions or other reactions, as relevant), illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prizes. Unless otherwise specified, prizes will only be applicable for residential addresses in Australia.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform. You completely release any relevant social media platforms from any and all liability.