Nectr & Wattwatchers family energy challenge – Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter and the prizes to be won as well as the terms of entry.
- The Promoter is Hanwha Energy Retail Australia Pty Ltd trading as Nectr of Level 25, North Point Tower, 100 Miller Street North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia. Telephone number 1300 111 211.
- Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- This competition is only open to Nectr customers excluding employees.
- This competition is avaliable to customers living within the Greater Sydney area (see map) and South East Queensland area (Energex network distribution area).
- You will be eligible if:
- You own your home (not renting)
- Electricity bills are higher than $250/month ($750/quarter)
- You don’t have solar panels
When to enter
- The competition commences on 28/08/2020 at 12:01am AEST and concludes on 30/11/2020 at 11:59pm AEST or until all 50 prizes are won, whichever comes first. Entries to be a part of the competition must be received by the Promoter prior to 28/11/2020 at 11:59pm AEST.
- The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Nectr database.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
How to enter
- Entry is via the following link: nectr.com.au/wattwatchers-competition
- Entrants must meet eligibility criteria and tells us in 25 words or less what you top tip is for saving energy at home.
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is correct. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
- Participants will be chosen based on the eligibility criteria listed in clause 6, creativity of their reply per clause 16 and timing of their entry per clause 7.
- Participants will agree to:
- the installation of the Wattwatchers device at their property by an authorized electrician. This mean allowing the installer/electrician access to their meter (valued at $255 + gst).
- have access to the basic MEM apps that measure usage for a 3-year period
- possible public relations coverage
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter and may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless otherwise notified by entrant at the time of entering the competition.
- This promotion is a game of skill and winners will be selected based on the creativity of their answer, in accordance with clauses 6.
- All valid entries received between 12:01am AEST on 28/08/2020 and 30/11/2020 at 11:59pm AEST will be judged.
- There are a total of 50 prizes.
- The result of the selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified via email and phone by a Nectr representative on 01/12/2020. If the winner does not respond Nectr will try to contact them again. If the winner does not respond, within 8 weeks the prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
Number of entries permitted
- Entrants may only enter the competition once.
Prize on offer
- Winners will each receive 1 Wattwatchers device, a three-year subscription to the Wattwatchers app and installation. The Prize pool value is up to $50,000 (inc. GST.)
- Under the Australian Consumer Law, there are some warranties and guarantees that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or can only be excluded, restricted or modified to a limited extent. The Promoter excludes all warranties and guarantees in relation to the prizes, to the extent allowable under the Australian Consumer Law. Except as otherwise required under the Australian Consumer Law, the Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility for any defect with the prizes.
- Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- After the 3-year subscription period is over the customer has the option to continue to pay to access their usage data or to unsubscribe and have the Wattwatchers device uninstalled.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the promotion or the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.