You can enter our competition to WIN* free electricity for a year.
You could have the chance to WIN* free electricity for a year.
How do you enter?
Keeping on top of your energy usage can be challenging, especially during the winter months when the family is spending more time indoors. Wouldn’t it be great if you could win a years’ worth of electricity – paid for by your energy retailer?
Nectr is offering all new customers who have signed up via our website, the chance to have your electricity bills paid for an entire year. All you have to do is share your best tips for saving electricity (keeping to 50 words or less) via the entry form below. The best 12 entries will win – 6 from NSW, 4 from QLD and 2 from SA.
Remember, eligibility is simple:
- Sign up to Nectr by 11 September 2021, via our website.
- Submit your entry and provide all requested information during the competition period
- Still be a Nectr customer on draw date 21/10/21
- Check out terms and conditions for full eligibility requirements
Win* electricity for a year entry form
For your chance to win, please complete this form using the same details you signed up to Nectr with.
By entering you consent to receive special offers and marketing from Nectr. See the terms and conditions for more information.
What would you do if you didn’t have to pay your electricity bills for a year?
Now more than ever, households are spending more time at home with many seeing their energy usage increase. Here at Nectr, we are focused on helping all Australians become more energy efficient, accessing affordable renewable energy plans and investing back into the environment. For a limited time, all customers who sign up to our 100% carbon neutral or 100% GreenPower plans online, will have the chance to win* free electricity for a year.
*Terms and Conditions
|Promoter||Hanwha Energy Retail Australia Pty Ltd trading as Nectr (ABN 82 630 397 214), L.25, Northpoint Tower, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060.|
|Competition Period||12.01am (AEST) on 14/07/2021 to 11.59pm (AEST) on 11/09/2021.|
|Who can enter?||Only New South Wales (NSW), Queensland (Qld) and South Australia (SA) residents who:|
(a) are aged 18 or over; and
(b) have not previously held a Nectr account with the Promoter.
|Who can’t enter?||Directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of:|
(a) the Promoter; and
(b) the agencies, companies, sales partners or participating premises associated with this competition or the Promoter.
|Entry instructions||To be entered, you must during the Competition Period:|
(a) sign up to a Nectr electricity account with the Promoter via Nectr website (nectr.com.au); and
(b) visit the Website, locate the entry page and fill out and submit the online entry form, including by telling us in 50 words or less “your best tips for saving electricity” and providing all other requested information.
To be eligible for a prize, entrants must still be a Nectr electricity account holder and have completed their 10 business day cooling off period on the date of winner determination (21/10/2021) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Entries will be separated into 1 of 3 groups, in accordance with their residential address, as follows:
· Qld, and
(each, a State Group).
For the avoidance of doubt, the name of the person who enters this Competition must be the same name as the person who appears on the electricity bill to be valid.
The Promoter is not responsible if your mobile device/desktop is not sufficiently capable for the purpose of submitting an entry.
|How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?||This is a game of skill. A judging panel appointed by the Promoter will review each valid entry and will judge the entries based on creativity and originality to determine the winners on 21/10/2021 at the Promoter’s office, Level 25, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. Chance plays no part in how the winners will be selected.|
The 6 valid entries judged to be the best in the NSW State Group, the 4 valid entries judged to be the best in the Qld State Group and the 2 valid entries judged to be the best in the SA State Group will win a prize.
All judging decisions are as determined by the Promoter, in their absolute discretion.
The Promoter may determine additional reserve entries and record them in order, in case a winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid, or a prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
|What can I win?||One full year of electricity supplied by Nectr to your residential address, applied as a credit each month on the winner’s Nectr account, commencing on their December 2021 bill for up to 365 days, up to the value of $2,549.20 in NSW, up to the value of $2,138.71 in Qld and up to the value of $2,504.04 in SA.|
The maximum value of the prize of $2,549.20 in NSW is based on an annual usage of a customer who consumes of 7500 kWh per year on the Flat Rate Tariff in the Essential network, based on pricing under Nectr’s “GreenPower” plan as at 01/07/2021.
The maximum value of the prize of $2,138.71 in Qld is based on an annual usage of a customer who consumes of 7500 kWh per year on the Flat Rate Tariff in the Energex network, based on pricing under Nectr’s “GreenPower” plan as at 01/07/2021.
The maximum value of the prize of $2,540.04 in SA is based on an annual usage of a customer who consumes of 7500 kWh per year on the Flat Rate Tariff in the SA Power Network, based on pricing under Nectr’s “Clean” plan as at 01/07/2021.
If a winner does not use the full prize value during the 365 days, any remaining account credit will be forfeited at the end of 12 months. If a winner’s 12 months of energy exceeds the maximum value set out in these Ts&Cs, the winner will be required to pay the difference.
If you have a solar Feed-in-tariff (FIT), the maximum value of your prize will be reduced by any amounts referable to your solar FIT.
For the avoidance of doubt, if you cancel your Nectr account while you are receiving the prize, the remaining value of your prize will be forfeited and you will not receive any substitute prize.
|Total prize pool||The total prize pool in NSW is up to $15,295.20.|
The total prize pool in Qld is up to $8,554.84.
The total prize pool in SA is up to $5,080.08.
The total overall prize pool is up to $28,930.12.
|How many times can I enter?||There is a limit of one entry per account holder.|
|How and when will the winner/s be informed?||Winners will be notified by phone and in writing within two business days of determination and will also have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 22/10/2021.|
|Unclaimed prize/s||Prize claim date: 5pm (AEDT) on 28/10/2021.|
If a prize has not been accepted or claimed by the prize claim date above or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can’t contact a winner (or a winner does not contact the Promoter) by the prize claim date above, the relevant entry/ies will be discarded, and the Promoter will re-award the relevant prize/s to the person who submitted the next best valid entry who has not already been awarded a prize.
Any winner/s will be informed by phone and in writing within two days of determination and will also have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website on 29/10/2021.
|Collection and use of your personal information||If you are a winner, you must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You consent to the Promoter using your name and image in any promotional or advertising activity.|
The Promoter may collect your personal information directly or through its agents or contractors. The Promoter will use your personal information to conduct and manage the competition. The Promoter may disclose your personal information to its related companies, agents and contractors to assist in conducting this competition, communicating with you or storing data. This may include disclosures to organisations outside Australia including in places such as United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, South Korea, Hong Kong and the Philippines.
By entering, you consent to the Promoter keeping your personal information on its database to use for future marketing purposes, including contacting you by electronic messaging. By entering, you consent to receive email or SMS messages from the Promoter without any functional unsubscribe facility. You may opt out of marketing communications upon signing up to a new account at any time thereafter by contacting the Promoter.
The Promoter’s Privacy & Credit Reporting Policy (see nectr.com.au/privacy-policy) includes information about:
(a) how the Nectr Group seeks to manage your personal and credit related information;
(b) how the Nectr Group collects, uses, stores and discloses personal and credit related information;
(c) how to seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you and seek correction of the information; and
(d) how to complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
- These Terms and Conditions incorporate and must be read together with the details outlined in the table above. Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Your entry must be received during the Competition Period and will be deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter. If you cancel your account or do not complete the 10 business day cooling off period, your entry will be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you enter using automatically generated entries or multiple phone numbers/email addresses/addresses/aliases, you may be disqualified.
- Every entry, including any “50 words or less” statement, must be your original work and not copied.
- The Promoter may copy and amend your entry (including the “50 words or less” statement) and may use (or allow others to use) your entry and any rights in relation to your entry, to publicise this competition or for any other purpose. These rights are perpetual, royalty free, world-wide, irrevocable and transferable. For example, the Promoter may publish all or any part of your entry or any amended version of it. The Promoter may also decide not to publish an entry, to cease publication of an entry, or to publish an edited entry.
- You warrant that your entry does not breach any third party rights (for example, intellectual property rights) and its use by the Promoter or any other person will not breach such rights nor otherwise breach any law (for example, it is not defamatory, in contempt of court or in breach of any privacy law). Your entry must not be obscene, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, indecent or (in the Promoter’s opinion) otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (for example it must not include nudity or language the Promoter deems offensive).
- You must ensure your entry does not contain any virus, malware or other malicious or inappropriate computer code or materia
- Prizes and all elements of prizes must be taken as and when offered or will be forfeited, and if forfeited, the Promoter will not be liable. Prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions imposed by the relevant supplier or the Promoter.
- You are responsible for all other unspecified costs related to your prize, including installation costs, costs associated with ongoing use of the prize, etc.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share a prize.
- If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions, including if the Promoter considers you to have a bad credit history or be a credit risk, due to breaching or having at any time breached credit arrangements with the Promoter, your entry (or at the Promoter’s discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded. The Promoter may, at any time, require you to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter’s satisfaction the validity of your entries (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence and place of employment). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- If any dispute arises between you and the Promoter concerning the conduct of this promotion or claiming a prize, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to consider your point of view, taking into account any facts or evidence you put forward, and to respond to it fairly within a reasonable time. In all other respects, the Promoter’s decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged nor redeemed for cash. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
- If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury (including allergies, skin conditions or other reactions, as relevant), illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prizes. Unless otherwise specified, prizes will only be applicable for residential addresses in Australia.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to any social media platform. You completely release any relevant social media platforms from any and all liability.